Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Here's Wendell

Until today, I have never encountered the New York fashion designer Wendell Headley but I am pretty certain as I passed a strikingly costumed man while walking down West 39th Street that here was Wendell.

He was in the midst of explaining to another gentleman why he was dressed as he was.  "It's what I do," he stated.


in the garment district,  west 39th street

I only know of Wendell through Sugar Hill Culture Club's Felicia Gordon, who collaborated with him on a book entitled Where's Wendell? 

A chance encounter with Wendell as a child led to her friendship with him later on in life and to Felicia's own impulse to create a photographic body of work around his story of artistic expression.

See and learn more on Felicia's site, http://www.shicnyc.com.

Have a beauty filled Wednesday!





No comments:

Post a Comment