Wednesday, October 9, 2013

a zebra, a bird, and a bunch of stripes....


I am puttering around my home office this evening trying to discard a few papers.

I saved the 9.25 issue of WWD with Milan highlights because I cannot part with this zebra skirt ensemble and have returned to look at the photo several times when I need to smile.






I finally had the chance tonight to explore more about the designer and learned that Italian Haitian Stella Jean presented in Milan courtesy of Georgio Armani and his initiative to promote emerging talent.

What amazing and fearless combinations of colors and patterns in the most beautifully tailored of pieces. What powerful jewelry statements, too!

I don't know about you but I am transported far far away just looking!

To read and learn more about Stella Jean and her signature use of 'wax and stripes' designs based on West African prints, as well as her approach to mixing other multicultural patterns and motifs, go to: http://www.vogue.com/vogue-daily/article/stella-jeans-spring-2014-show-is-a-happy-mix-of-prints-and-cultures/#1

Check out her runway show on www.stellajean.it  The music alone is worth a visit to the website...

Take me to Spring 2014!




No comments:

Post a Comment